Welcome to the Orange Nation at Valhalla High School, Home of the Norsemen, and a twice recognized California Distinguished School!
- Valhalla is a high school of superlatives:
- Incredible teachers and staff
- Impressive students, parents and community
- Excellent academic programs, including Advanced
- Placement and Honors
- Amazing visual and performing arts
- Awesome industrial arts
- Other inspiring electives, including Career Technical
- Education programs in Arts, Media, and Entertainment and
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Outstanding award winning athletic programs
- Inspiring student government and over 30 student clubs of interest
Valhalla is THE CHOICE for your child. Over 20% of our staff members’ children have been Norsemen (myself included!), with many others eagerly waiting for their high school experience to begin at Valhalla. We think that speaks volumes.
High expectations for student achievement at Valhalla are reflected by our API score of 826 (highest in the Grossmont District), CAHSEE pass rates (90% pass the first time they take it), and the Advanced Placement program (30% of students are in enrolled in one or more of the 14 different AP courses offered). Valhalla is one of two schools in the Grossmont District to require three years of science for graduation because we believe it best prepares students for the workplace or college.
Student support programs include the AVID program, a college and career center, after school tutorial, the Valhalla Mentor Program, Unity Days, Seeking Out Success (SOS Program), and Link Crew.
Valhalla is a great place to be as a student, a parent, a staff member, and as a community member. We pride ourselves on providing the best education possible in all facets of the high school experience. We offer something for everyone, whether the focus is AP classes, performing arts, athletics, student government, arts and media, or any combination of these programs. Making THE CHOICE to be great is making THE CHOICE to be a NORSEMEN!
Mary Beth Kastan